Photos of the area around the Lamar Mill, later the Thorco plant. In 1884, 3 years after the railroads came to Lamar Brand-Dunwoody built a Mill in Lamar. For the next 50 years the Mill will change hands and names several times including Lamar Mill and Moran Mill. In 1930 FM Thorpe moved his wire business from a barn at 14th and Gulf to here. The building has been vacant since the mid 1990's.